In today’s environmentally aware world, the green credentials of every company can be an important part of their marketing strategy, so here are our top 10 tips for cutting CO2:
1. Avoid travelling from office to office for a meeting unless it is essential.
2. Equally, don’t expect others to have to come to you, a conference call not only saves CO2, but also saves time.
3. If you’re arranging a conference call, then arrange for participants in the same office to use the same speakerphone.
4. Use the call intelligently, and do not allow the participants to ramble on if it is irrelevant.
5. If you often have ‘buzz’ meetings before your salespeople go out for the day, consider having it by conference call, and they can then go straight from home to their sales calls.
6. If you are able to carry out your sales negotiations by conference call, it can save a lot of travelling.
7. A well-controlled conference call can avoid a meeting dragging on, so everyone can leave on time and the offices can be closed down promptly.
8. Think about the uses of conference calling for work-from-home staff. Less office use means less CO2 use.
9. If you are running a retail chain, conference calls to share stock can save buying new stock and wasting CO2 on unsold items.
10. If you are having a consultant in, using a conference call will help you avoid having to have them travel to and from your office.